DIY Velomobiles

This is my collection of links to DIY Velomobiles.

Velomobile1

This is where it started.

I love where it's headed!

I love where it’s headed!

 

Dave Langkamp’s blog has a very detailed outline of his build for a TerraTrike velomobile body. I mean plenty of detail from software layout to pictures showing each step of the way for the fiberglass over foam build. Although not complete yet, I’ve enjoyed each post on his blog. Thanks for sharing Dave. I hope your keeping tract of cost for this project. I would like to know.You can find account of Dave’s velomobile here. TerraTrike Velomobile Glued, Trimmed and Shaping up Nicely.

You’ll also enjoy browsing Dave’s other projects that are on his blog, The Tinker’s Workshop.

Dave has finished his project. See the comment at the bottom of the page. Congratulations on a beautifully finished velomobile.

 

20120801_090054 (Large) Velonaut Gerald Strope has built 5 trike and 2 velomobile bodies of Coroplast. This was his latest creation. 
Secondtestride_sm

Velomobile 6

A project by Rick Wianeck

Rick has done an excellent job of documenting his velomob ile build. You’ll get many ideas from this one.

thatmonk BROL member thatmonk built a very nice Coroplast shell for his Catrike Expedition R. The heading on the thread says Skin on Frame” but he changed his mind and built a Coroplast for his first VM shell build. Good work and documentation.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA John Tetz has done us a real favor by documentating his builds. His manual to Zotefoam construction is very good. You can find it here.  Information on his Zotefoam full trike fairing is here. There is a wealth of information on the John Tetz Projects page on WISIL.
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell
Table Cell Table Cell

2 comments on “DIY Velomobiles

  1. Hello Everyone,
    I just wanted to bring you up to date on my velomobile project progress. I completed construction of my TerraTrike velomobile over the past couple of days. You can see photos of the finished project on my blog. The build took me 600 hours of design and build time over one year. The first two images on this site are from my build that shows the entire process that I went through to get to the final construction. Please check it out if you have the time. Thanks, Dave Langkamp Thetinkersworkshop.blogspot.com.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s